Blood test done. What are the findings in the report?
alk Phosphatase 127
What might this be
The full blood count looks mainly at your hemoglobin, white cell count and platelets.
The white cell count is an indicator of infection and can also become abnormal in some types of cancers. White cells are responsible for fighting infection. There are different types of white cells that respond to different types of infection. Neutrophils are one of the types of white cells, they respond mainly to bacterial infections. The other types are lymphocytes, basophils, eosinophils, monocytes.
The normal white cell range by most labs is 4 to 11 though some labs may have slightly different ranges. Your value is 3 which is slightly below this range, since it is only 1 below ,it would not be considered a significant change from the norm.
The normal neutrophil count is generally 2.5 to 6.Some labs will state simply that is should be above 1.5. If it is less than 1,there is an increased risk of infection.
The pcv is also known as the hematocrit . It is used to diagnosed anemia and stands for packed cell volume.
The range is .37 to 0.47.
ESR is a non specific indicator of inflammation in the body, it does not say where the problem is ,just identifies that a problem exists. The normal range for your age is 1 to 30, so yours is within normal.
Alkaline phosphatase is generally used to look at the liver though it can be found in other areas such as the bone. Your value is within the range of 20 to 140.
blood tests are generally not interpreted on their own but in conjunction with history and examination. In general there is no significant abnormality seen.
I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood tests done what does findings suggest
- What are the findings from the blood test results
- Blood test done to detect pregnancy what are the findings
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- What are the findings from non fasting blood test
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- Blood tests done what does the findings mean
- Pregnant triple blood test done what are the findings
- Blood test done what does the finding say
- What are the findings from my childs blood test