Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Blood sugar is 349. Taken humalog. Given insulin. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10450 Questions
my blood sugar is 349 have taked 20my humalog and i was a the emergency room and they gave me so insulin and it came down but it is back up again can take more humalog
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a physician for proper doses.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
Since you are a diabetic, you need regular dosage of insulin and other hypoglycaemic agenta to control your blood sugar.
The insulin that was given in the emergency room is effective only for a few hours. You need to consult a physician to regulate the doses of insulin that you need as per the severity of the problem. Self medication like this can be XXXXXXX
Do consult an endocrinologist for proper dosage regulation. Till then repeat the dose of insulin three times a day as was given in the emergency room.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor