Blood sugar is 349. Taken humalog. Given insulin. Suggest?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Question: my blood sugar is 349 have taked 20my humalog and i was a the emergency room and they gave me so insulin and it came down but it is back up again can take more humalog
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult a physician for proper doses.

Detailed Answer:
Since you are a diabetic, you need regular dosage of insulin and other hypoglycaemic agenta to control your blood sugar.
The insulin that was given in the emergency room is effective only for a few hours. You need to consult a physician to regulate the doses of insulin that you need as per the severity of the problem. Self medication like this can be XXXXXXX
Do consult an endocrinologist for proper dosage regulation. Till then repeat the dose of insulin three times a day as was given in the emergency room.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.