Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Blood report during pregnancy shows mild anisocytosis. Taking Softeron and Biopreg. Anything to worry about?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 158 Questions
i am on my 7th month of pregnancy, my due date being 26th december. my hemoglobin count is 10.5 and the blood report says XXXXXXX mild anisocytosis". i am currently on softeron z (for iron), biopreg-f (folic acid) and calcimax 500 (calcium) supplements. is there something to worry about? should i be taking any more medications?how exactly can this "mild anisocytosis" harm my baby and how can i improve my anemia conditions?
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 33 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Mild anisocytosis due to pregnancy as it is mild with hemoglobin more than 10. You should take iron XXXXXXX foods like XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, XXXXXXX bengal gram, peanut etc. If you are taking iron tablets once a day, make it twice a day in consultation with your local gynecologist. Continue other medicines as such.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor