Blood clot on the lower lip due to bite. How to get rid of this?

Posted on Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi
i got a blood clot in my lower lips and outside the lip due to bite.please tell me how to get rid of that.Its looking ridiculous.Please help me out.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 16 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Nothing to worry as the lip injuries will heal fast due to the high blood supply to the face and lips.

But what I want to know is the mode of bite injury and the cause of the bite injury as treatment may vary some times.

Please provide the information in your next follow up question so that I can address the problem in a better way.

The blood clot will get resolved within days due to the natural healing process.

If there is swelling you can apply ice locally to decrease the edema.

For pain you can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen in prescribed dosage.

And locally over the bite injury, you can apply the gel conaining metronidazole and chlorhexidine combination thrice daily.

And I advise you to take a shot of Tetanus Toxoid if you have not recieved it within the last 5 years with your doctor prescription.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know and kindly furnish the information I have asked.

Regards.
Dr. E Venkata Ramana

Pediatrician