Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Blood blisters on scrotum since several years. Treatment and advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
what seems to be small blood blisters on scrodum if you pull the skin and press on one it turns light red and when you release it seems like it fills back up with blood and turns purple like a blood blister these are about the size of the head of a match at largest and slightly raised have had several years.
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

There are two possibilities here. If there is pain in the blisters, it can be Herpes. If they are painless blisters, then it may be Syphilis.

Would you mind uploading a picture of the lesion? If no, please upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page; utilize it so that I can answer your queries better.

It is worth getting a STD screening done.

If none of these is present, then it can be local congestion of the blood vessels in the scrotum. You need not do anything about it.

Awaiting your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor