Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood and urine test done. Diagnosed with UTI. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
hI ..yesterday I got fever in the morning (approx 100 F) and I consulted doctor and She asked me take blood profile and urine examination test .. after visiting the reports .. she said my pus cells count in urine is 10-12/hpf and boold platelet count is 1.86 is below than what is supposed to be. She told its an UTI problem and she asked me to take three days course with some injections in the saline bottle .. Am i going through right medication ?
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 18 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

The next step is to give midstream urine sample ( the urine is collected as usual, except that the initial few drops are discarded to avoid contamination) for culture and sensitivity ( if not already given).
The results will be out in 48 hours and it will guide your doctor to choose the correct antibiotic.
Till then, if the saline bottle contains antibiotic, its fine. Otherwise speak to the doc about it and get it done, till the results of culture are out.
It looks like you are in the right line of treatment.

Wish you good health---

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Blood and urine test done. Diagnosed with UTI. What treatment should be done? 11 minutes later
Hi.. these are the injections she prescribed in saline ..
M2 , B.SAL , GALLIUM , AMIKCIN 250 , ONSEED , E.ONE.SB M .(spelling can be wrong as its hard to understand the writing). Are these antibiotics ?

So far she has not suggested culture test ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome back.
Amikacin is an antibiotic.
Others are supportive.
Pls get a culture done yourself, by going to a lab and giving a sample.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor