Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Bloated stomach, gurgling, semi solid stools, heaviness. Taken Rabium D earlier

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
I have bloated stomach with frequent gurgling; stools semi solid. Feeling of heaviness. I have been eating in many hotels of late.
I had taken rabium D few years back.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 58 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I can see that your fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels are slightly elevated.
Regular exercise will help in bringing down the sugar levels. Also exercise will reduce the sensation of bloated feeling and frequent gurgling.

Please try to follow the below mentioned measures:

1. If you are overweight, do try to reduce your weight.

2. Avoid XXXXXXX fried ,oily food,spicy food, carbonated beverages, alcohol & smoking.

3. You could take pantoprazole 40mg 1 tablet daily half an hour before breakfast for 2 weeks.

4. Do yoga/relaxation exercise to reduce stress. Stress also contributes to acidity/indigestion.

5. Regular exercise 30-45 minutes daily for 5 days a week.

6. Have smaller frequent meals rather than 3 large meals.

7. Have warm water at regular intervals.

8. Try to avoid hotel food . They use the same reheated oil again and again. Not healthy.

9. You can also have a tablet of Gelusil MPS when you have this bloated sensation in the stomach.

Even after 2 weeks if you don't feel better , I would advise you to visit a gastroenterologist . In view of your age, persistent indigestion needs to be evaluated.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor