Bloated, pelvic pain, sore throat and red patches on penis head. Tested negative for STD. Concerned

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: am getting pelvic pain bloating,and red patches on penis head and on the shaft on and off it goes and feel numbess,sore throat and i keep on spitting white sticky cough this is happening after having an unprotected sex with a women having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome its been two months..doctor gave oflaxcin & ordinazole its not helping am getting this often plz help..i had std blood and urine test all came negative ( wiz vdrl,widal hiv,etc).plz help
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 minute later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for sharing your concern,

1)Your symptoms of pelvic pain and bloating may be due to intestinal in origin, please let me know is this pain is relived by passing motion or flatus?

2) Other problem of cough and mucus, I want to know do you smoke. Or suffer from any disease like Bronchial Asthma.

3) Red patches on penis and shaft either some form of allergy or infection. I want to know are these patches having itching.

Your problem may be unrelated to unprotected sex two month back.

4) Your HIV and VDRL test are negative so this is unlikely to be related. If required test may be repeated.

Awaiting your response, once I get details, I can answer in detail.

Regards.

Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow up: Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 11 minutes later
1) pelvic pain does reduce after passing motion and its loose stool.

2) Yes i smoke and i reduced it when i started spitting mucos.

3) Red patches on penis yes its itching and wet and also few days back also my forskin was swollen a bit itching but it goes after i put hot water but tingling is there always.

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 10 hours later

Thanks for updating. The following are my comments:

1. The pain and bloating as predicted appears to be intestinal in origin. Since you mentioned that your stool is loose and pain is reduced after defecation, we need to rule out any organic pathology by stool routine and microscopy and colonoscopy with biopsy. If the test results show normal reports, you probably may be suffering with an chronic bronchitis. Your symptoms may be the initial stage and quitting smoking will help you.

3. Regarding red patch over penis. It may be a fungal infection. You may consult a dermatogist for a careful local examination. If confirmed, you would need proper antifungal treatment.

4. All your symptoms seem to be unrelated to each other. You might need to visit multiple specialists to get it sorted. The reassuring part is we can hope a complete recovery.

Hope this helps you, please feel free to ask any doubt if any.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad