Bloated belly after oopherectomy for ovarian cysts. Is this normal?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: I am three weeks post -op for oopherectomy for ovarian cysts. I have a 'swelly belly'. It feels heavy - is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is normal and will resolve soon Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. The abdomen may appear distended in immediate period of posts surgical period. Theis is expected and is due to hypotonia in the abdominal muscles. If there is any pain then you must be examined by the operating surgeon. The abdomen will take preoperative levels once you resume full activities. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.