Blisters appeared on penis after potential exposure to herpes. Related to masturbation?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had blisters on my penis after potential exposure to herpes. the viral culture came back negative. Blisters turned into a rash and went away at 20 days after exposure.
I just masturbated at 28 days and skin is very raw and red after masturbating. I normally do not get this sensitive after a sex act. Could this be related to the blisters (maybe herpes ) incident? Or do you think it is an unrelated problem.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in .
The sensitive skin of penis must have been irritated by act of masterbation.
It has nothing to do with herpes incident.
You just need to apply a steroid antibiotic combination like flutibact cream over the area once per day.A moisturizer cream would be also helpful.
If you can upload the photographs of the affected area it would be of great help.
Upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
I will be available for follow up.
Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist