Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Blister looking lump on outer edge of lip. Suggest remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2059 Questions
I have a small blister looking like lump on the outer side of my top lip.
It is not sore or irritating.
Please advise.
Thank you.
The lump on my lip is on the edge, top outer edge of my lip.
It is sort of white and slightly hard.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The blister like lump can be of aphthous ulcer type.
This ulcerous lesion may be occured due to-

Vitamin-b12,c deficiencies.
Iron,folic acid deficiencies.
Immunologic abnormalities.
Intake of too spicy/salty foods.
Poor oral hygiene maintenance.
Hormonal changes in the body.
Oral habits like smoking.

I would suggest you to get a thorough clincal examination.
Also check whether the similar type of blisters occur on any other part of oral cavity.

Maintain good oral hygiene.
Plenty of fluids and water has to be drunk.
Take nutritious XXXXXXX food.
Vitamin-becosules,iron,folic acid supplements has to be administered.
Include vitamin-c XXXXXXX citrus fruits like lemon,oranges into your diet.
Improve your immunological health.
Avoid intake of spicy/salty foods.
Endocrine changes has to be monitored and evaluated.
Rinse your mouth after every meals.
Avoid exposure to too hot/too cold weather.
Apply corticosteroids topically on your lips.
If symptoms persists,corticosteroids has to be given orally after consulting with your doctor.
Hope this helps.
I wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor