question-icon

Bleeding from the right ear, stress. Taken disprin for headache. Advise?

Posted on Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Question: I have sudden bleeding from the right ear. no pain. I am 43 years old, and its been very hot (40 C) temperature. I am also under a little stress. There has been no other major symptom. A day ago, I took disprin dissolved in water for a headache.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta (2 hours later)
Hello and thanks for the query
Bleeding inside ear can occur if there is trauma to it. Minor trauma often heals up without treatment The other probables are a ruptured boil, or pimple, drum etc. These should cause pain & discharge.  
Aspirin in low dosage is recommended for prevention of heart attacks and stroke. But, aspirin can also cause bleeding into the brain or intestinal tract. Aspirin reduces the stickiness of platelets which can result in bleeding.
You must consult the doctor immediately and try to find the exact cause for your bleeding.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta