Bleeding from rectum and pressure on ovary. What could it be?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Bleeding from rectum when go to restroom, pressure on ovary! Have had 1 ovary removed17 yrs ago!
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information. Consult doctor for examinat Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through your query and understood your concern. Usually any problem in ovary does not presents as bleeding per rectum. This may be due to other cause. Bleeding from rectum may be due to multiple causes and should be diagnosed for its management without delay. The most common causes are anal fissure and hemorrhoids. There are multiple other causes. So I want few information for your diagnosis. Do you have any other associated complains like 1. constipation, 2. something coming out of the anus 3. abdominal pain. 4. How is the bleeding, is it XXXXXXX blood or clots. Whether flash of blood or drops. 5. Is it painful while defecating These will help us to find the cause. Most of the time this bleeding is due to a benign cause but, we must rule out other more serious possibilities. So I advice you to visit a General Surgeon & get yourself examined. The clinical diagnosis can be made by examining. Sometimes tests like colonoscopy may be required to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment depends upon the cause. Hope this is helpful for you. I will be waiting for more information. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 27 minutes later
Constipation, pain on side feels me steal cramps more blood. Menstral cramps symptoms period stopped march am 50
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anal fissure. Consult doctor to confirm diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, Your symptoms mostly suggests that you are suffering from anal fissure. To confirm the diagnosis you need to visit your doctor once. I like to explain the management of anal fissure and in the mean time you can consult your doctor and plan for further management. Once the anal fissure has occurred then the next episode of minor trauma due to constipation or hard stool will lead the anal fissure to recur. So adequate measures as explained below should be taken to completely heal the fissure. Anal fissures are usually caused by the bowel movement of a hard stool or repeated episodes constipation. When there is a fissure, the anal sphincter usually goes into spasm, thereby making bowel movements painful and more difficult, thereby delaying healing and sometimes, leading to worsening of the tear. Now, since your fissure is of a acute onset,the conservative measures should usually be sufficient to completely heal the fissure. You can try the following suggestions: 1. To prevent further hard stools: so eat fibre-rich foods, fruits, drinking plenty of water. 2. Use of laxative like lactulose for the next few days 3. For the pain and discomfort, use a topical anesthetic cream such as Lignocaine gel 4. Use Diltiazem or Nitroglycerine cream before passing stools, in order to relieve the spasm of the anal sphincter. Try Sitz baths: warm water bath that covers your hips and buttocks for two to three times a day for 20 minutes are often used to relieve pain, itching, or muscle spasms. This will relieve pain and speed healing. Key factor is to avoid hard stool, constipation and to keep the area dry. So follow the above measures for healing. In most cases, following these measures will heal the fissure and relieve symptoms within a few days or a maximum of 2 weeks. Also get your pelvic examination done once to rule out any gynecological problem along with Pap smear. Hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards