Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Bleeding from penis, may be due to passing of kidney stones. Want to stop bleeding

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
I have bleeding from my penis. The bleed doesnt stop even after applying pressure. I believe its a tear but my physician thinks it might be because of passing of kidney stones. The doctor hasnt even examined the bleed source. I need the bleed to stop at the earliest.
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 40 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Bleeding from the skin usually stops with compression, whereas from the urine passage does not.
It either stops on its own and may or may not recur.
I need to know if the blood comes alone or mixed with urine.
The evaluation includes physical examination, urine analysis, culture and ultraound scan to look for the source.
Kindly contact your physician( idealy urologist) for the same. Once u have the report, u can upload the images.

Hope this helps, take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Bleeding from penis, may be due to passing of kidney stones. Want to stop bleeding 2 hours later
The urine comes alone, there is no trace of blood.

The doctor has also seen the urine and said it looks fine.

This happened while i was taking bath and cleaning my genitals. During this time i think i may have torn the frenulum.

The Bleeding has stopped upon applying pressure. But the bleeding resumes when the foreskin is pulled back or when there is an erection. The source of the bleed is where the foreskin and the penis head XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
If compression does not stop bleeding and recurs on provocation, then most probably circumcision is necessary.

Take care,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor