Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Bleeding bump at back of head after getting hurt,nauseousness while eating,left eye blurry

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
My 8 year old son fell off his bike with no helment riding down a hill in front of our house. ..He hit the back of his head and it looks like like a bump and it was bleeding. The neighbor called 911 and an ambulance came out to check him out. They said he should be fine, but said we could take him to the ER or take him home. We took him home and watched him all night . This morning he looked to be fine watching t.v. and walking around, but when he eats he get nauseas and today he said when he lwas laying down watching t.v. he is fine, but when he gets up his left eye is blurrey for about 3-4 seconds.
Wed, 16 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

When ever there is head injury the brain gets something like jerk depending upon the nature of impact.

What ever is done till now is fine. See for the injury that he has sustained and dressed up might need dressing again and he may need some drugs for prevention of infection in would if it is big and some medicines for pain and swelling.

Usually after head injury you should be watchful for following symptoms for first 24-48 hours.
1. Level of consciousness which you say is fine.
2. Any vomiting, which might occur due to some swelling inside brain.
3. Headache which points to some increase pressure inside skull vault.

The complaint of left eye blurry for couple of seconds could be due to
1. Impact on brain it self,
2. Jerk to balance mechanism in the ear which is common. In our ears we have all have got a set of bones and some fluid which maintains our body balance. When ever some impact occurs not necessarily on the ear the balance is disturbed in changing the position some unsteadiness or this kind or problem may arise.

Still I feel you should see a doctor gets things checked and make things clear.

So do not worry there is nothing major expected but to be on safer side please do it.

Hope this answers your query if you still any queries you can feel free to ask me I will be glad to reply them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor