Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Bleeding after sex. Advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
Hello, I'm 35 years of age. Not been pregnant ever since. We usually have sexual intercourse with my husband. But I've discovered that I got some blood after sex or sometimes during sex. I don't have this blood before. It's almost 6 months. Can please advise. We're 5 years married. Please also help us to have a baby.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 51 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

There are various factors responsible for primary infertility like maternal factors , ovarian factors , cervical factors , uterine factors, tubal factors and sperm count and motility.

As you are having bleeding after intercourse so there might be a cervical lesion like erosion cervix and for that you have to get a pap's smear done.

Another cause of blood during sex can be vaginal injury which is seen in newly weds and not after 5 yrs of marriage.

I guess you must have got all investigations done like :
Hb , ESR , Blood sugar F , VDRL , TORCH , APA , ACA , TB PCR , Thyroid profile , Rh grouping , FSH , LH , Prolactin , estradiol , Hysterosalpingography , semen analysis , ultrasound for follicles or polycystic ovaries , endometrial biopsy etc

If not please get them done under doctor's guidance.

Diagnostic laparoscopy is done for further evaluation.

Most important thing at present is to treat your inter-menstrual bleeding or bleeding after contact for which cryocauterization of the cervix is done if there is an erosion.

So please do not delay it and show it to your OBGYN as soon as possible.

If investigations have already been done please attach the reports if possible

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor