Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Black spot on tear duct. Should I see a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1169 Questions
I am a 42 year old woman and about a month ago noticed a black spot on my tear duct. At first I thought it was make-up but it won't come off. After probing it with sterilized tweezers, it appears to be part of the tear duct. Is this something I should see a doctor about?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 21 minutes later
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This has hardly any significance if it has been there for some time.
As it looks like a nevus,this has to be observed and preferably photographed.
Possibility one is that it has been there for sometime and you did not notice it.
If it has been of recent origin then it has to be kept under observation for any change of colour size and shape,which is best documented and date to be put up.
If there is a change then you have consult the physician.
If it remains static then you keep a watch and forget about.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor