Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Benign frontal meningioma, gamma knife surgery. Recommended?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
Hi. am a 54 year old woman diagnosed with benign frontal meningioma.(2.7*2.2 cm).Would a gamma knife surgery be feasible?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Benign frontal mengioma is a tumor, that grows at a extremely slow rate, and it does not metastasizes. In your case the size is not too large. This type of tumor produces only symptoms like vomiting , headache, seizures etc, But the symptoms will not increase in intensity.

Now, let me tell you about gamma knife surgery....

Gamma Knife surgery is a well established treatment for brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations.

The Gamma Knife offers a non-invasive alternative for many patients for whom traditional brain surgery is not an option.

Gamma Knife surgery removes the physical trauma and the majority of risks associated with conventional surgery.

This effective single session treatment may require an overnight hospital stay.
So these are some of the benefits of this surgery.

In your case it is the best treatment. I advise, to go for it.

Dont worry, reoccurance rate is very low in this case.

Hope this answer will help you. I will be ready for future followups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Benign frontal meningioma, gamma knife surgery. Recommended? 11 hours later
Hi ,shall be grateful if a Neurosurgeon answered my question.Thank you v. much.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 6 hours later

Well, before answering this I have discussed your query with the well known neurosurgeon, known to me Dr XXXXXXX Hasan(M.Ch).

My opinion is you may go for Gamma Knife Surgery, dont worry you will be alright.

Wish you Good Health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor