Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Been feeling dizzy with pain in head. Had cuts due to a hit. Are they linked? What is causing the pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I'v been feeling some dizziness & some pain at my head and forehead for over a 15 days now.
The pain sometimes comes and goes, and I feel slightly dizzy sometimes especially when sleep and wake up. I had a car accident last January and I hit my forhead on to the passenger seat next to me but I have had a different types X-rays and scans that day and they found nothing. Two of the passengers died and I had cuts and bruises and a big blue eye which then turned into partially red and returned to normal within two months. Do you think these could be linked, is this normal? when I massage my forehead the pain eases. Please help me.
I went to a surgeon (who is already aware of all my past cases) and he advised to me take a X-ray computed tomography but before that he has given me a form to fill in before I take the 'Contrast medium' in order for me to take the X XXXXXXX I am worried as I was told that there can be some fatalities especially as I have the spring allergy. Can you please the pain in my forehead is psychological or is physical. If it's physical what are the possible cases or scenarios that I might have. I am seeking your help as I want to get an opinion from another professional doctor. Thank you
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Thanks for providing such a good account of your history.
Let me tell you one fact that headaches are a common side effect of Duphaston.
So if you have had normal scans after your injury & you started on Duphaston just one month back i.e. 15 days before the start of your symptoms, it is most likely a side effect if this medicine.
You can confirm this by discontinuing its use ( after discussing with your Gynecologist as your cyst is now resolving ).
If God forbid your pain persist you should see a Neurologist & not a General surgeon. As they are the experts who can deal with these symptoms in the best way possible.
They are more likely to advise you scans only if they are clearly indicated.
Of course these symptoms can be linked to your head injury as well but it is less likely in your case as your symptoms do not date back to January & your initial scans were normal. So this probably cannot be kept on the top of your possible diagnoses.
I think this pain is physical & is most likely a side effect of Duphaston. Rubbing eases pain due to nerve stimulation that mask the primary symptom.
Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any other concerns.
Otherwise you may choose to close this discussion by accepting my answer.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor