question-icon

Beautiful bowel movements daily in the morning. No Blood. No

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019
Question: Beautiful bowel movements daily in the morning. No Blood. No Constipation that I can tell. Usually all I have to do it give it a minute or so and maybe a little nudge..........then after I go, about an hour later, start to get cramping in low abdomen not really on either side. Just a dull ache. Some days or worse than others, some better. I can take a couple of Tylenol and knocks it out for the most part. I did have an external hemorrhoid removed about 4 months ago. Started having the problem after that. No rectal pain or nausea.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It could be the hemorrhoids

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ladonfindley,

What you describe sounds like the aftermath to your hemorrhoid operation. As long as you experience gradual improvement in these symptoms, you are OK. If not, I suggest you have a colonoscopy to examine the remaining part of your bowels. It is OK to try tylenol and aspirin for a while.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon