Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Banged heads and did not loose consciousness. Suffer head spins and headaches. Should I go to doctor?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
Hi, Yesterday afternoon I was playing sports where I had a heavy collision with an opposition player and our heads banged together. Im quite sure I didnt lose conciousness, and I was monitored by our club physio for half an hour until he was satisfied I didnt pass out. This morning I had head spins when I got up out of bed, I went to work most the day (I had no problems at work), and I was just laying on my couch and as I got up I was dizzy again. I havent felt ill at all, but I have had a bit of a headache all day. Is this something I should go to the emergency department for?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

First of all I appreciate your club physio who took care of you after collision and observed for any problem.

Since after collision there was no vomiting, unconsciousness, seizures, black out and severe headache there may be no intra cranial injury or bleeding. Hope you don't have any swelling with pain at banged area. If it is there you need to be evaluated for any fracture or bleeding in scalp.

For now you don't have any major problem to concern but if the symptoms like dizziness continues and if you develop any neurological problem or above said symptoms then you need to be examined once to rule out any problem. At that time radiological imaging may be required.

Now take plenty of oral fluids and food XXXXXXX in carbohydrate like fruits. Do your regular activities and take food at right time.

Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries. If satisfied kindly close the query.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor