Bad stomach pain with hard distended stomach. Suggest the treatment?
Query is vague. More details required
Hi Ma'am, ,
Good Day to you.
I fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through.
Your query is vague. However, from the information provided, the likely problems that come to my mind are : chronic constipation with deranged bowel movements; chronic indigestion; stomach and intestinal infection; or Irritable bowel.
However, I will be able to pinpoint the exact cause of your problem and give you helpful professional advice, if you provide me the following details:-
* Is the stomach problem of recent onset or long-standing?
* Do you have chronic constipation; abdominal cramps; hard stools; passage of blood or mucus from rectum?
* Do you have reduced appetite; acidity; gas in the abdomen; nausea and vomiting; sore mouth/tongue?
* Do you suffer from anxiety/depression, if at all?
Eagerly awaiting further information.
Fond regards and best wishes,
Dr. (Col) R Karanwal
I suffer from anxiety snd take Ativan at night to help me sleep as well as Endep but do not have constipation. I have had pains for 2 days now and feel unwell and tired. I have cut down my food intake over the last few weeks as I am on a diet I trust this gives you more information I have had IBS before but this feels different as I feel nausea at times
It is a minor problem of gastric upset
Hi Ms. XXXXXXX
Thanks for the informative input.
You are suffering from transient intestinal upset, probably due to altered gut flora. This short-term problem is apparently part of the spectrum of pre-existing IBS.
I would advise you to
- continue with long-term treatment- without break-unless advised by your doctor- for IBS;
- reassure yourself that IBS is not a disease, but is precipitated by anxiety, emotional upsets, mental/physical stress. Control of the precipitating factors will keep IBS in remission.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have recommended for your present problem, as well as, long-term treatment of IBS:
* regular anti-acid drug (Pantoprozole); 2-3 days of antispasmodic drug like dicyclomine for relief of abdominal pain; Prokinetic drug like metcclopamide for nausea and normal bowel movements; and regular intake of Probiotics.
* Long-term course of antidepressants belonging to class of either TCAs or SSRIs
to relieve anxiety and depression (if any).
* Regular Stool-bulking agents such as high fibers diet and psyllium husk
* High fiber diet :- since you have been dieting, the intake of fibers has been grossly inadequate. Ensure that your diet contains adequate fluids, fibers, vitamins and minerals.
* Daily yoga and meditation.
You may therefore consult your treating doctor who knows what is best for your and prescribe appropriate treatment.
Hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. If you have further clarifications, I will be happy to answer.
But, if you have no further questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you a speedy recovery and good health,
Thanks for heeding my advice
You are most welcome to contact me any time, as and when required, Ms XXXXXXX
If satisfied, you may kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you a speedy recovery and Good Health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for lower back and stomach pain
- Treatment for chronic stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and back pain
- Suggest treatment for gastric problem with stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and loose motions
- Cerazette stomach pain treatment
- Diaherra and stomach pain treatment