Bacterial infection in foreskin. Frequent urination and burning sensation around heart. Related?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Infections
Question: Around 6 weeks ago I had a bacterial infection in my foreskin. Im 31 and have never had this before, I went to see a specialist who prescribed me Flagyl. The infection cleared up but then reappeared 1 week later. I got another prescription which again cleared the infection only for it reappear for a 3rd time 2 weeks later. I have read that this infection could be caused by Diabetes and it is the urine which is providing a base for bacterial growth in my foreskin. I have noticed that I have always been very thirsty and pass urine frequently so wondered if this could be what I have.

Also, Im not sure if its seprate but in the past week I have started to get a burning sensation around my heart and a very slight tingly feeling in my left hand/arm. Its only very slightly though. I also feel like I was having minor heart palpitations when I was trying to sleep at night.

Could all of these things be linked ?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 44 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Yes, diabetes can can cause repeated infection involving the foreskin and glans. In many patients, diabetes is suspected when these kind of infections occur.

The burning sensation could be due to acid reflux which may or may not be related to diabetes. The tingling feeling in the left arm could be due to pinched nerve in the neck.

Get a EKG done for evaluation of the palpitation. So not all the symptoms you have mentioned could be linked.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini