Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Back pain, urge incontinence, have NF1. Could pain be due to growth on spine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
I've been having pretty constant dull back pain for the past few months. The physical therapist told me I have flat back syndrome and has begun treating me for that. I've also had urge incontinence recently. Some days it's not an issue and some days it's 5-6 times a day. Because I have NF1 could that be due to growths on my spine or would that present with a different set of symptoms?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Back pain is sometimes related to neurofibromas involving the spine. MRI of the affected part will help in diagnosis. For the adult with severe and chronic pain that has been fully investigated, a referral to a doctor who specializes in pain management can sometimes be helpful in reducing the degree of pain experienced. Chronic pain from neurofibromas can often be alleviated by a combination of pain-relief medicines.
I advice you to see physician or the neurologist for examination.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor