Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Back pain causing sleeplessness. Advised MRI. What do I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
from last 6 month i have back pain problem so that m not able to slip at night m XXXXXXX able to take turns at night . pain will be having sometime in upper backside but most of time middle & lower back side (hip & west joint). Dr. say its is slipdisk or spainraldeises .& suggest me for MRI & says consultes to Nuro.what i do?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Back pain lasting for 6 months affecting your lifestyle and not controlled by short courses of analgesics would definitely need investigations to find the actual cause.

In your case, as your doctor might think - slipped disc and spondylosis - both are causes of back pain. But, only an MRI can confirm any diagnosis if present. And a neurologist will correlate the findings with a detailed examination of your back and joints to plan further management.

I would suggest you to follow the same, because neglected back conditions cause irreversible damage to the spinal cord, and would rarely be amenable to common conservative therapy with drugs.

And you are too young to have spinal problems. So, a checkup would eliminate doubts at the earliest. Hence I encourage you to go ahead with the MRI scans and neurologist consult as suggested by your doctor.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.


Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor