Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Back pain. Annual pap and vaginal ultrasound reports are fine. Is this a kidney problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Hi I feel a dull pain on the left in the area where you twist your waist not lower back but under the large muscle. I just started having this issue last Friday. I had my annual pap and had a vaginal ultrasound in May everything was fine, I feel like there is some flutter in that area of my back is this a kidney problem? Normal urine, clear, no smell, normal bowel movements. By the way I just went back to work in Sept. I work for a school in the Art department and cover for lunch in the copy room, where I'm constantly bending and moving large boxes of paper.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscle strain.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Back pain associated with recent physical activity is most likely caused by strained muscle or spine problem. Muscle pain usually appears only when moving affected area and can be unnoticeable when resting.
Spine problem usually gives one side back pain radiating to the leg through the buttock.
Kidney pain also starts from the back (middle back) but it radiates to the lower abdomen and groin. Frequent urinating, burning while urinating can be also present.

I suggest you to have a rest for few days and see if it helps. Massage and hot bath can help with the pain. Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20mg once a day to protect your stomach) can also help.
If the pain wont go away in few days, please visit your doctor for physical examination.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor