Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Back feels really sore and cannot bend. Pain is more on upper back and under arm. Scared of cancer?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
my back is really sore,i can bend down but i cant get up again. its also sore to get up from a sitting position. the pain is actually in my upper back mostly on my right side and under my arm. i dont want to go to my doctor in case its cancer and im scared.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 48 minutes later

I have studied your case.

According to your history, it seems that you are having nerve impingement. Our spine has multiple nerves, which are supplying our whole body, due to disc bulge these nerves get compressed and leads pain, and spasm. Other causes are also possible, which include muscle sprain occurring due to exertional activity.

Another possibility of facet joint arthropathy , for which we will need clinical examination. So if possible, you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination.

If you can provide more details about your symptoms, I will be better able to help you, like are you having pain, numbness in legs. Pain is aggravated on exertion.

When patient like you come to our clinic we advise X XXXXXXX spine and if required MRI spine. You will probably need painkiller and muscle relaxant.

Our patients find good relief with physiotherapy like INTERFERENCE THERAPY, ULTRASONIC THERAPY.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor