Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done. What is your suggestion?
Can u Tell us is it okay as he ahs reduced his weight more XXXXXXX 400 gms in last 15 days . As he is not taking milk and if we feed him he vomits and motions start . Kindly Suggest
Thanks for your query.
The current symptoms which your baby has are probably due to lactose intolerance which is very common in this age group.
Reducing substances are positive because milk is passed out partially digested.
Fat globules are present because of malabsorption.
I would suggest avoiding lactose containing milk (cows / formula) and sticking to lactose free formulas. Many such formulas are available which are lactose free; example - zerolac, nusobee soya, etc which you can try.
Try with lactose free formulas, rice kanji, curd, kitchdi etc. DO NOT GIVE LACTOSE CONTAINING MILK or BISCUITS for next 2 weeks
Usually this problem which your baby has resolves in two weeks, but only if you avoid lactose.
Be patient; give ORS (electral, etc) for vomits and loose stools to maintain hydration in the meantime. If your child becomes very dull with decreased urine, you may need to show your baby to a doctor.
Hope I cleared your doubts. Let me know if you need more help.
I wish your baby speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motion vomiting in 1 year baby
- Infant having loose motions what does stool test suggest
- Started vomiting and loose motion what treatment should be done
- Suggest treatment for vomitting and loose motions with fever
- Loose motion in baby vomiting no fever
- Child started vomiting and have loose motions suggest medicine
- 11 month baby loose motion and vomiting
- Cure for vomitting and loose motion for 6month baby
- What are the treatments for loose motion and vomiting
- Loose motions green sticky stools no weight loss
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....