Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Baby is having fever. Diagnosed with typhoid. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Surgery
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 246 Questions
hi my cousin(2 years) is having fever for last 2 days . It continuously rising up to 102 - 103 degree Fahrenheit . After diagnosis child specialist says he is suffering from typhoid . To whom it is better to consult child specialist or pediatrics ?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Anand Sinha 12 minutes later

Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic.

A child specialist and a pediatrician are one and the same thing. But if you are looking specifically I suggest you search for a Pediatrician because that is the more scientific and logical term. If you are in India, the degree will be MD Pediatrics (preferable) or DCH (Diploma in Child Health)

As for your cousin, I wish to know how has he been diagnosed Typhoid ( Widal test / Typhidot / Blood culture) because the history of fever is short. If it is Typhoid, then your cousin will need appropriate antibiotic therapy. His fever also needs to be kept under check with drugs because 102-103 degree Fahrenheit is high fever.

Hope that helps.

God bless you

Dr Anand Sinha
MCh Pediatric Surgery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor