BP result. How to lower Blood Pressure?
Thanks for your query.
The reading you have mentioned is not too high.The Systolic ( first reading of the BP : 156 ) is out of range and is moderately high the other reading Diastolic : 88 is very minimally raised.There would be no serious complications of such a reading.Still I would ask you to visit the ER to have more accurate measurement of the BP by a professional there and get managed accordingly.
If you are a previously hypertensive then your medications may have to be revised , If not then you may have to undergo serial BP measurements on different days to confirm whether you are an Hypertensive and be placed on appropriate medications.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Can you tell me what can cause high blood pressure (aside from hereditary reasons) and what I can do to lower it other than use of medications?
Thanks for writing back.
In most of the cases( around 95%), the cause of high blood pressure cannot be ascertained. Several factors however have been implicated:
a. Hereditary factors
b. An abnormality of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (a kind of hormonal system in the body)
c. Factors specific to the vessels themselves.
In a small percentage of people (around 5%) , an abnormality in the renal vessels and hormone secreting tumors can cause the blood pressure to rise. However, this small number of patients usually has specific clinical pictures which point towards this diagnosis.
Apart from medication, the following measures would help reduce your blood pressure:
a. Cut down on your salt intake to less that 1 tsp a day
b. Cut down on your intake of refines sugar and fat to minimize total risk
c. Exercise regularly for atleast 50 minutes daily. This has to be moderate aerobic exercise like walking, jogging and skipping.
d. XXXXXXX breathing exercises, particularly the Anulom Vilom Pranayama helps in decreasing the blood pressure. You can find videos of the technique on various websites.
e. Stress reduction and yoga have also been found to be useful.
If you blood pressure does not get controlled despite these measures, drug therapy would need to be started. I would like to emphasize that compliance to treatment is a very important of managing high blood pressure. Please follow the advice of your physician to the last detail and adhere to the treatment as much as possible.
I hope I have answered your query. I would be available for follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to lower diastolic blood pressure
- High blood pressure on bp medication suggestion
- Bp result how to lower blood pressure
- 16084 how to lower blood pressure
- How to lower blood pressure
- Have high blood pressure tips to control bp
- How to lower blood pressure overnight
- How to lower blood pressure instantly
- Which is dangerous low bp or high blood pressure
- Blood pressure systolic bp
- White hair on infant's head. What is the cause for this?
- Burning pain in stump after left leg amputation, sciatic nerve surgery....
- Masturbation addiction, semen leakage, genitourinary infection
- Pain the the chest bone. Stopped Mercillon pills after long term use....
- Fever, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea. Took paracetamol. History of...
- MRI showing diffuse bulge of the discs, excessive fat deposition ,...
- Child having worm shaped growth spreading in the legs. Started as a...
- Hyper-extended wrist, bruised and swollen. Been wearing splint on thumb...
- Constant tiredness, instantaneous drain effect, stomach pain, SGOT, SGPT
- Pinching feeling in chest, erratic heartbeat. Why?