BP high, heart rate increased. Be concerned?
Thanks for the query.
You have provided me with good information.
You have a blood pressure reading of 112/83 and your heart rate is 115. Your blood pressure seems to be in the normal range. But there is an increase in your heart rate. Normally it should be in the range of 60 to 100 beats per minute.
Normally heart rate increases as a response to various situations like exercise or exertion, large meal, anxiety, fever. You could observe if this was the case with you. Other medical conditions such as thyroid disease, electrolyte imbalance, emotional stress or drinking large amounts of alcoholic or caffeinated beverages will also bring about such changes. You also do not seem to be having history of any major illness.
It could also be seen in Heart-related conditions such as high blood pressure (hypertension), but since your blood pressure seems to be normal you need not worry. Poor blood supply to the heart muscle due to coronary artery disease (atherosclerosis), heart valve disease, heart failure, heart muscle disease (cardiomyopathy), tumors, or infections are rare instances where it will be seen.
There is no need to be concerned but you should recheck your heart rate 2 to 3 times daily for a few days and if it persists then you will need to get it examined with your physician.
Till then avoid excess tea, coffee, alcohol and drink sufficient fluids and juices. Do not take stress.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Wishing you good health.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low bp and low heart rate
- Rapid heart rate and high bp at 19
- Bp high heart rate increased be concerned
- Overweight high bp high alcohol depression anxiety increased heart rate
- Normal bp but high heart rate of 108
- Heart rate bp 13882
- High heart rate but bp normal
- What causes high bp and slow heart rate
- Chart heart rate vs bp
- High heart rate from new bp medication
- Multiple uterine fibroids. Can I abort?
- Fibromyalgia,mild stroke,bladder cyst,involuntary urinaton
- Itching penis, white spots, swelling, painful. Suggest.
- Severe headache,nausea,dizziness,vomiting,pain in hips and tailbone
- Should I worry if I have bladder polyps?
- Cough,fever,lethargy,bad breath,wheezing
- What is the problem if I have severe headache and dizziness?
- Can blood pressure be higher at the ankles?
- Sub clinical hypothyroidism, fatty liver, liver protection products
- Red patches, yellow crust. Ringworm?