BACKGROUND: Multiple Ultrasound tests & CT scans (with contrast) looking
Please request review of ultrasound measurement after viewing 2017 CT image
Thanks for writing in to us.
There is a lot of subjective differences in the measurement of the liver and the variations are more in ultrasound scan measurements.
A margin of 5 percent error can be expected between the ultrasound and CT measurements and rarely the error can go up to 10 percent.
It is difficult to comment the shrinkage of the liver from 26 cm to 18 cm from 2017 till now (a change of 30 percent) unless you have taken any significant measures to control food intake and glucose deposition in the liver.
Probably you may request the doctor who has reported your recent ultrasound to look at your 2017 CT images and review the measurements.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...