Awaken at night with numbness of right arm. No other
Kindly asked for some more information
There are few possible causes for the numbness in the arm and most of them are related to the nerve being pinched or arteries supplying the nerve being pressed over.
It is important for me to know some more information related to the numbness:
- for how long have you had it?
- is it getting worse or the same or any improvement? Do you have it every night?
- how long does it last after you wake up?
- any other complaints, like pain or weakness in that arm or hand? Any neck pain?
- have you tried any treatment or visited any doctor?
- have you had any trauma or accident or fall?
- do you have any chronic condition or take medications regularly for other conditions?
- any neurological signs in other areas (numbness or weakness) or difficulty with speech, vision or swallowing?
Please copy and paste my questions in your reply message and answer underneath each question so you don't miss any of them.
Waiting to hear from you soon.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj, General and Family Physician