Ativan: yes or no. My mom, dad, sister her husband
Ativan is used to treat anxiety in the short term,follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Ativan is a medication in the group of benzodiazepines.
It is used to treat anxiety in the short term.
It is not recommended for long-term use for more than four months.
Taking Ativan for longer than a few months can cause some serious side effects such as addiction.
Do I would recommend other alternative treatments for anxiety.
Psychotherapy is one of the common ways to deal with anxiety. In this case you should consult a psychologist for better evaluation.
I also recommend using herbal supplements for relaxation.
As per medication, there are several medications used to treat anxiety.
I would recommend Buspirone for long term treatment of anxiety.
It is a prescription medication, so you should consult your doctor before using it.
I recommend a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy and getting enough hours of sleep.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?