Ate seaweed chips a day ago, irritated the roof of
Mucus built up from irritation.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think you don't have to worry about it.
It is probably caused by the irritation of the mucosal lining of the roof of the mouth.
Possibly the salivary gland was irritated causing a build up of mucus that was popped out from you and a bit of blood.
I don't think this is anything to worry about and doesn't need treatment.
Just keep eating soft food, food that doesn't cause irritation not salty not too sugary no alcohol etc, to help the mucosal lining regenerate itself. It will go away soon.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.