question-icon

Ate seaweed chips a day ago, irritated the roof of

Posted on Sun, 31 Mar 2019
Question: Ate seaweed chips a day ago, irritated the roof of my mouth and caused a bump that was painful. The pain was worse today and even caused my two front teeth to hurt. The pain stopped and I was able to squeeze a small green ball out with a good bit of blood. The ball was squishy and green. This has NEVER happened before
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Mucus built up from irritation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you don't have to worry about it.
It is probably caused by the irritation of the mucosal lining of the roof of the mouth.
Possibly the salivary gland was irritated causing a build up of mucus that was popped out from you and a bit of blood.
I don't think this is anything to worry about and doesn't need treatment.
Just keep eating soft food, food that doesn't cause irritation not salty not too sugary no alcohol etc, to help the mucosal lining regenerate itself. It will go away soon.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka