Ate chocolate prior to a nuclear stress test. Will this create a problem with the testing?
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
The radio nuclear agent shall be injected. Thereafter, either pharmacological agent (adenosine or dobutamine) will be injected or you will be asked to perform a physical stress test. Thereafter, images shall be taken post exercise and after a protocol fixed time (different for physical exercise vs pharmacological test) rest images of radio nuclear agent redistribution in your heart and arteries imaging process shall be repeated. In none of these chocolate taken orally a day before can interfere. Rest Assured. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prep for nuclear stress test
- Positive nuclear stress test
- Nuclear stress test coughing
- Nuclear stress test abnormal
- Dextrocardia and nuclear stress test
- Is nuclear stress test painful
- Nuclear stress test frequency
- Nuclear stress test interpretation
- Dangers of nuclear stress test
- Length of nuclear stress test
- Had lipoma removed. Taking amlodipine to control BP and diclofenlic...
- Depression and irritability. On beta blockers and lisinopril for...
- Shivers and vomiting white substance. Taken combiflam. Am I okay?
- Irritated throat in a smoker. Currently on citalopram for anxiety. Is it...
- Chest pains in the morning. Dr did ECG, all normal, gave Dexilant....
- Different blood pressure readings on both hands. Is it normal? Family...
- Hypothyroidiam, reflux problem, anxiety, shoulder pain. How accurate is...
- Tightness in calves, forearm constricted with red spots. Issue with...
- Done cholesterol test, prescribed Rosuvas. Worried about side effects of...
- Ankles swollen, vein swollen on forehead after a flight. Why did it...