Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Assaulted with a beer bottle. Cheek swelled and bruised till eyes, numb sensation and painful. Is it crack?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 85 Questions
I got assaulted with a beer bottle. My cheek instantly swelled up and started to bruise. its been 2 days since the incident, and my cheek is still very swollen and bruised to the inside of my eye. theres a Numb sensation. but when i touch it, its extremely painful. How can you tell if you fractured your cheekbone?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 41 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query on health care magic .Im sorry to hear about the incident.The blunt trauma caused with the bruising and swelling will remain for almost 10 days to two weeks .I hope you have no problem in opening your mouth fully like before and your teeth bite is normal ,as in they are sitting properly during clenching your teeth and chewing .The only way to rule out a maxilla or zygoma fracture ( cheek bones ) is by getting a clinical examination by an oral maxillofacial surgeon or a plastic surgeon who may get your face digital X XXXXXXX or CT scan done .Though if your mouth opening is normal , teeth occluding normally and no assymetry of the level of cheek bones on comparison , then you may not worry .Still I would recommend that you visit any of the above surgeon and get yourself examined to clarify any probable XXXXXXX injury .I hope I have answered all your queries .If you have any further doubts feel free to post again
God Bless
Dr Mayank Singh MS,MCh Plastic surgery
Consultant Plastic , cosmetic ,hair transplant & Laser surgeon
New Delhi ,India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor