Area on bottom of foot itches. No irritation is seen..
Fungal skin infection of foot.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
The main cause of foot itching is tinea pedis, a type of fungal skin infection. It causes patches on skin but you may be at the beginning of the infection and no irritation is seen. Using neosporine is not advisable because it is a combination of antibiotics used in bacterial infection, scratches or trauma.
You can use clotrmazole cream 1%over it.
Also wash well and dry well before applying it.
I also wanted to know if you are suffering from diabetes or Hypothyroidism or any other systemic diseases.
This diseases may cause peripheral neuropathy that also can cause itching without irritation.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.