question-icon

Are traces of Percocet in urine after 4 days of the last dose suggestive of prescription drug abuse?

Posted on Mon, 24 Sep 2018
Question: Hi, I am on percocet 5.325 taken 3 times daily. My urinalysis, taken 4 1/2 days after my last pill showed traces. My Dr. says I must be abusing the drug and will not refill. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Soujanya (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You must be abusing if there are withdrawal symptoms.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards the adverse effect of Percocet.

It can be detected from 2 hrs to 48 hrs in urine after ingestion, so it is not possible to get it detected after 4 days.

So, based on your doctors advise, you must be abusing.
So can I get some details of any withdrawal symptoms like tremors, yawning, watery eyes, running nose, increased heart rate, blood pressure rise.

If you have these symptoms, you must be abusing and seek medical attention and need to be detoxified immediately.

Hope this information would be helpful.
Thank you.

Dr. Soujanya,
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Soujanya

Psychiatrist