Are ticks and fleas collar safe to touch during pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: hi, i am the 20 week pregnant woman and i have new question. we have dog ,we changed tick and fleas collar. and i am sure it is safe for us. neme is soresto in europe foresto main ingredients:1,25 g imidakloprid és 0,56 g flumetrin plus other:Titán-dioxid (E171), iron oxid (fekete) (E172), dibutil-adipát, propilénglikol-dikaprilokaprát, soy oli,stearin acid, PVC is it bad for baby and for us?can hurt? i saw some bio stuff too with essential.oil main oil geraniol. ( some page wrote pregnat woman can.not use it some wrote can use it after 1st trimester) and some people wrote not to effective some wrote its good. but soreto is relly effective. i dont know is it better use chemical ones but no worry because of tick and fleas and sick what they can transfer to me and or try bio one and no posion in our house ? can i touch my dog , is it goes to my system while touch him.or breath it? what is your opinion? thanks a lot
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Avoid using the collar.

Detailed Answer:

The tick and fleas collar contains chemicals which should be avoided during pregnancy. Even if you are using an essential oil collar do try to avoid touching the dog.

You can wash your hands with soap and water after touching the dog to decrease the exposure. Avoiding the use of such collars will be best for you as long as you are pregnant.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad