Are these negative HIV tests after 9 years of exposure conclusive?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Mon, 23 Nov 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Please help me and guide me. I had an unprotected sex with my girl friend in Nov, 2005. At that time I didn’t thought about HIV and didn’t went for testing. And I even don’t remember now whether I got any primary acute symptoms. Later after two years I developed whole severe skin irritation, seborrheic dermatitis, arthralgia, myalgia and red-pus filled blisters on my trunk and my nails are detached from nail bed, where all these symptoms persist till today. This year I lost 10 pounds weight and had persistent diarrhoea. I am going into a new relation and have family, for the first time I went for antibody testing, In January 2014 my first HIV1/2 (ICMA) western blot was non-reactive, and I took HIV-1 RNA (Qualitative, detection limit 2000 copies) Non-reactive. And then in July, 2014, I took HIV1/2 rapid antibody test, which was non-reactive. And in August, 2014, I took 4th generation HIV screen with reflexes which was non-reactive. My absolute CD4 count was 690 and CD4% was 29. Please suggest me whether am I free from HIV. Is any further specific testing is required. I check for autoimmune disorders also, and all were negative. Why these symptoms. Please help me. If any specific testing is required please advise me. All these symptoms are showing as stage 2 of HIV according to WHO guidelines.
Well my further my CD8 40% and CD8 T-cell absolute 880 (normal range of CD8% is 11-38 and CD8 T-cell absolute is 100-800)..which were higher. As here doctors have done bunch of tests all you have mentioned above, GI, colonoscopy, all rheumatoid conditions, melanomas, they didnt left with any disease examination. All was tested.

Since six months i am having on and half, neck stiffness, upper shoulder pain which was very hard, extreme scalp irritation, finger nail irritation, after that unprotected exposure i have got erectile dysfunction, my testosterone level was below normal 297 units (normal 300) vitamin D 23 (normal 30). All the dermatologist pose question that whether am I HIV positive, yes last year on my upper back I got Pruritic papular eruption, cheilitis the dermatologist said which were not common in people, they see only in immunodeficiency people.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV beyond any doubt

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

You had your unprotected exposure 10 years back. All your HIV tests were persistently negative even after 9 years after the exposure. All the tests are highly reliable near 98%. RNA PCR test CMIA test and 4th generation test are all reliable up to the extent of more than 99%. Negative results with multiple tests, the reliability goes to 100%. There is no possibility for HIV to remain undetected with all these tests. So I assure you that you are free from HIV beyond any doubt. Seborrheic dermatitis, nail dystrophy can occur to anybody without HIV. Weight loss may be due to anxiety and/or due to Diarrhea, once again common for anybody to get. Borderline difference with Testosterone and vitamin D level are not to be bothered. CD8 percentage may vary time to time and it will be likely to become normal by now or with another test. Consult your physician and follow his/her advice. One thing I can assure you once again is that you are free from HIV. Relax.
Dr S.Murugan