• question-icon

Are these BP readings normal in a 30 year old?

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am male 30 years of age and since past few days my BP is 130 by 56 or 132 by 54 and 9th and in the morning it is 122 by 50 or 122 by 46 as a tire concern for me out and what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
normal variations of blood pressure readings...

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

First of all, at the age of 30yrs, there's no need to monitor blood pressure at regular intervals unless there are any preexisting cardiac conditions (so please let me know if there are any in your scenario)...

Secondly, if there isn't any pre-existing cardiac condition/ any other health concern/complaints, then you should note that these much variations of blood pressure readings are considered as a part of normal physiological responses and there's nothing to be worried about...

Let me know if I can assist you further...

Don't worry, but do let me know about the health concerns in details, which may be bothering you so that I can guide you specifically....

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 6 hours later
Till date I don't have any cardio problem but on every heart checkup my ldl is little high which gets back to normal without any medicine. I just want to ask why the upper number is high and lower number so low. I have noticed this change these days only. My normal by is around 130/ 75-80. This is first time it's going to below 65.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow the advises.. maintain a healthy lifestyle..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back XXXXXXX

Well, since till date, there's no cardiac problem, you have nothing to be worried about, and since you're just 30. the best regimen for you is to eat healthily, maintain a healthy lifestyle (devoid of any sedentary activities/stress, eat in time, sleep in time, exercise daily in the first place)...

Now, please note that Blood pressure is a variable entity and it keeps on changing throughout the day.. during certain activities/stress, there are certain variations observed in the BP range which is considered as a part of the normal physiological response of the body...

However, at first, if that 130mmhg reading (the upper number as you've referred) is normal/below normal, we need to know what is the baseline BP range in your scenario (can be obtained after a thorough series of BP recordings at different postures in serial interval throughout the day)..although as per your details, it's pretty confirmatory that it's around 130/75-80mmhg, so there's actually nothing to be worried about regarding these dynamic variations of blood pressures...

No, sometimes it can even go below 55mmg(diastolic/lower value) while sometimes it can also go far up (even up to 160-179mmhg as in the systolic BP), doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything wrong with the cardiovascular system...which is why there's the importance of follow-up with the cardiologists and physicians in order to establish the etiology behind this...

Not to worry at all, as, in your scenario, it still doesn't seem like anything concerning...however, if still in doubt, you can go for a complete body check-up including Hemogram, serum electrolytes, LFT, Kidney function assay, thyroid function assay, 12-lead ECG, 2D-Ecocardiography, Chest X-ray and let me know the reports in the due course (Will guide you thereafter, however, most likely, they'll show within normal limits only)...

Yes, that little high-up LDL can be easily corrected with proper lifestyle maintenance, please continue doing so...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 27 hours later
Have uploaded my legs can you review will send you other reports by evening
Brief Answer:
ECG looks fine

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

I've reviewed the attached ECG and it's within normal limits only..

Take your time, and send them whenever they're ready, no need to hurry...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist