Are there vaccinations available for STI?

Dr. Vidya KR

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: are there any vaccinations that are available for any of the STIs?
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, for HPV infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Yes for human papilloma virus infection vaccine is available in the market. Human papilloma virus(HPV) is one of the STI.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vidya KR 5 hours later
can a 31 yr old male take this vaccine? any restrictions? how much would it cost? I assume it should be available at any good nursing home or hospital.
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vaccine recommended for females

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

HPV vaccine we recommend for female as HPV infection can result in cancer of cervix, so to prevent that vaccine is recommended.

HPV do infects males but with out much harm. So vaccine not required.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju