Are there interactions between Clonazepam, Benadryl and magnesium supplement?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 8 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: can I take clonazepam, 50mg Benadryl and 500mg Magnesium
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I do not think you should combine three for sleep

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Although you have not mentioned what is the purpose of taking these medicines but it appears to me that you are probably facing sleep issues and want a effective medication.
I am not convinced with idea of combining three medications for single reason.

In my opinion use only benadryl and magnesium and not clonazepam. Considering your age I feel clonazepam should be keep on the need basis rather than daily medication. In addition it is important to seek proper consultation and find out the underlying cause for sleep issues.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards