Are there either nutritional supplements or medications that will work to improve sexual potency as one gets older?
Also I have had one instance of there being some blood in the ejaculate, is this normal as I get older?
Supplements containing micronutrients and vitamins can be used.
Based on the history you have shared, yes, supplements for calcium, B12, B6, folic acid as well as vitamin-E are thought to benefit along with D3 and zinc. Many authentic supplements containing these can be used which are recommended by FDA.
Other unauthenticated products should better be avoided as their safety profiles are debatable. I can understand fluctuations in erectile functions and libido with aging due to both physiological and hormonal changes but reversible causes like deficiencies of these essential micro-nutrients should always be ruled out.
Moreover, diseases like diabetes and thyroid abnormalities should also be worked out.
If any drug history is relevant, it should be discussed with your primary care physician as many drugs may cause sexual side effects.
Use of Sildenafil or other such drugs which help to increase blood supply to the penis and increase erections. They can be used only with caution and after discussing it with your primary physician or a urologist.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query.
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nutritive supplements for chemo patients
- Best nutritional supplements
- Nutrition supplement for liver disease
- Benefits of nutritional supplements
- Hypothalamus nutritional supplements
- Zeal nutritional supplement
- Anti rabies nutrition supplements or nutrilite supplements
- Priority one nutritional supplements
- Usana nutritional supplements
- Nutritional supplements for alzheimer's