Are there any surgical procedures for BPH?
You seem to have Enlarged Prostate
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have retention of urine necessitating to get catheterized to empty your bladder .
This is due to bladder outlet obstruction due to Enlarged prostate which is very common after the age of 60 years .
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Cardiac work up and routine blood tests for sugar etc
4) Renal function test
Looking at the repeated episodes of retention of urine I would suggest you to get Endoscopic Surgery of TURP done to resect the enlarged prostate to make your urinary passage free from obstruction .
This is surgery carried out words wide with less morbidity and gives permanent cure .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?