Are there any supplements to treat low DHT levels causing low libido?
I was recently diagnosed with low DHT. I also have symptoms (low libido/weak erections) and have tried TRT but had to stop due to side effects. Is possible to supplement with DHT?
Can try Testosterone Gel
Thanks for query.
Based on the facts that you have posted you have been detected to have low DHT resulting into low sex drive and weak erection.
Ideally it has not been proved scientifically that only low DHT can be be cause for low sex drive and even a man with low DHT can have normal sex drive .
It can be also due to what is called as Performance anxiety .
If you have tried testosterone replacement therapy but has to stop because of side effects I would suggest you to use Testosterone gel for application over shoulders and chest .This helps to increase Teststerone levels and have minimum side effects.
Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection and have enjoyable sex.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E and Zinc
3)Take antioxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..
You can also try taking Sildenafil (Viagra)one hour before planned sexual activities.
Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and regards.
Gel is absorbed through skin very slowly and has minimal side effects.
Thanks for follow up.
Gel is absorbed very slowly through skin compared to injectable where drug directly enter the blood circulation hence with gel there are very minimal to no side effects.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. P. T. Patil, Urologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Supplements for low buncreatinine ratio
- Nizoral and dht
- Does frequent ejaculation raise dht levels to affect hair loss
- Dht daily blood levels
- Suffering from androgenic alopecia investigations revealed dht low treatment
- Supplements for low blood pressure
- Low estrogen supplements
- Treat dht with yoga
- Low testosterone supplement gnc
- Does dht cause dandruff