Are there any side effects of masturbation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX
I have the same old question i.e. is there any side effect of daily masturbation.I am 29 years old male and
have the habit of doing it regularly.I engaged to masturbation from the age of 19.So will this effect my upcoming sex life.
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not at all.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Very interesting question.

There are no side effects of daily masturbation. You are doing this only for 10 years and you started doing this at the age of full maturity- 19 years.

This should not at all affect your upcoming sexual life. The only difference then would be to have vaginal intercourse , rest of the things remain the same. So why should you be bothered. Masturbation id a very personal part of life where you alone are involved to relieve yourself plus have a sexual pleasure. In intercourse only a partner is added. and if your partner is understanding cooperative you may have better sexual life.