Are there any side effects of flucloxacillin during pregnancy?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi im currently 38 +1 weeks pregnant and im taking flucloxacillin 500mg four times a day. Recently iv had a genital herpes outbreak (i was diagnosed with genital herpes 3 years ago) and was prescribed aciclovir tablets for the outbreak, i just wanted to know are both these antibiotics safe to take together in pregnancy? The flucloxacillin is for an ear infection (i forgot to state that )
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your baby is safe Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Flucloxacillin belongs to a group of antibiotics called penicillins. Penicyllin is category B. There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used during pregnancy. Aciklovir is category B. No toxicity has been reported in mother or neonates. You must use them as prescribed form your doctor because your have benefits . Take care for your self and dont be worry because you are in term(ready to born) Dr.VJOLLCE MBIARRA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 57 minutes later
But r they both safe to take together?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hello! Yes, you can take flucloxacilin and aciclovir at the same time. Take care of your self