Are there any side effects of continuing Thyronorm?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi,

I was going through the lab reports of my Mother and had found that her thyroid is in control since past one year, since she started taking medicine.

Could you please go through the report and suggest some precautions and diet changes.

Also, I there a need to continue taking medicine for thyroid. Are there any side effects to continue below drug.

Medicine name: Thyronorm
Attached report and medicine details.

Patient name: XXXX
Age: 52
Sex: Female
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 29 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid is under control

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through the reports, and the reports are reassuring. Her thyroid profile is normal because she is taking the supplements. Still I would like to know her reports and her symptoms before she started taking the medicines. It will help to corelate if its ok to go off supplements. Also let me know if she has any symptoms now.

Since thyronorm is a supplement, it does not cause side effects except in case or overdose there may be irritability, anger, increased heart rate etc.

Precautions that can be advised are to take iodinated salt and cleaner drinking water.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj